13 July 2007

The Stars are BEAUTIFUL!!!

They really are. I made six different ones saying, no whining, be kind to others, say "i can", always try your best, be responsible, and tell the truth. They are huge, I cut them out of bulletin board paper and put glitter all along the outside edge. I probably worked way to hard on them but I know when I look out on them while I am teaching they will make me happy. Hopefully the kids will like them too. My plan is to put them up in a row close to where the ceiling meets the wall but unfortunately my eyes are taller than my arms. So they are in the Bret pile. I also cut out huge letters to spellout respect and then I am going to make smaller letters that say, yourself, your classmates, your school, your teacher, and the Earth. That is going to go on the other wall close to where the wall meets the ceiling. I still need to make letters that say math meeting board. Those are going to go above the chalk board. I decided we are going to do the math meeting with colored chalk.

I gained access to the locked cupboard using a skinny ruler. Inside I found world books from 1970-1978. Should be a valuable tool...Unfortunately they are the nicest books in the room. There are also some books about the states from the 50's. Also going to be valuable. Maybe I can give them out as prizes???

Another strange thing I found in the closet is 11 bags of adult women's clothing, size 6, usually. I think I did the right thing by looking through it, picking out the 3 things that I found appealing and putting the rest in back in the bags to be donated.

That is about it for today. I brought home some of the curriculum books to look through over the weekend. I am going to make the torn paper world for the door this weekend too. I meant to bring my camera today so I could take pictures of the stars and such but I forgot it. Look for pictures on Monday? Maybe.

No comments: