19 July 2007

First day of Teacher School

It was boring but still a little bit fun. The best part was learning that not only are we getting paid five hundred dollars for being there, our contracts have been changed and we are getting a lump check of six hundred dollars on Friday to make up the difference! YAY!

Highlights...there aren't really any. We were supposed to have lunch with our principals and mentors but no one from Griffith showed up. Nice. I met two of the other fifth grade teachers who are going to be on my team so that was interesting. I already knew one of them, she started in the middle of the year so she has to go to orientation this year. Oh, and I won a prize. Word strips! I think I will use them for name tags on the desks.

Tomorrow we have classroom management training ALL DAY. Boo. It is being taught by a teacher from Griffith. My only hope is she lets us out early.

Didn't go to my room today. It wasn't required and seeing as how I am the only person who has gone in at all, I decided I could use the afternoon to do what they call "work at home." Unfortunately, I don't think I will be in all week so pictures will have to wait until Monday. The room is looking great! Now I really need to decide which teambuilding activities to do the first day of school!

Love,
Ms. Bee

1 comment:

KB said...

Congratulations on your prize and surprise check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds like a typical first day of school for a new and old teacher!!!

Please keep us posted. We are thinking about you most of the time!

love you!