31 October 2010

Bad Blogger!

Please allow me to explain myself before I catch up on my posts. For some reason, red ribbon week, family movie night, family portrait night, the drug free dance, and Halloween are all the same week. That is why I have not had an inch of time to post any pictures. I am so overwhelmed with all the pictures I have taken I have not even wanted to connect my camera to my computer and start going through them. But I am glad I finally did. I got some really great pictures of carving the pumpkin with my class and of our Halloween monster march and party. I must print some to share with the wonderful parents who came to help out. As much of a pain as parties are, I always enjoy getting to do something fun with the kids and their families. For our party, each parent had a bag of candy and the kids went and "trick or treated." Then we had pizza and cupcakes until we were sick. And finally, my favorite part, sharing our Halloween poems with our parents. Giving parents a chance to see how smart their kids are is one of the best parts of my job. I just love how proud everyone feels in that moment. I also got some great pictures of families who came for movie/family picture night. It was so fun trying to get all the kids to smile at once! It was a relief when Saturday rolled around and Mr. S. and I got to sleep in and finally enjoy some time together. We went to one of our favorite places where I had some fun taking pictures of the candle behind the water glass. Then today, Chrysanthemum decided to eat a bee which, of course, stung her on her lip. We had to hold her down and pull the stinger out with tweezers which she just loved. Then we had to hold her down again to get her to take some benadryl. She has made a full recovery and is thankfully not allergic. She only suffers from a very small brain.

No comments: