17 November 2009

More Squash!

Tonight we had spaghetti squash with breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley, and Parmesan. It was quick, easy and quite delicious. But mostly really easy. Here is an extreme close-up of the squash.
Here is the pan we mixed everything up in.

And here is me! Taking a much needed final taste before I packed it up for lunch tomorrow.
How to:

Ingredients
1 spaghetti squash
2 pieces of bread
8 cloves of garlic...I know seems like a lot but trust me.
parsley
Parmesan cheese

1. Cook the squash however you want. We just cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and microwave it for 8 minutes. Once cooked scoop it out of the shell.

2. Toast the bread. Put both pieces in the food processor with the garlic and chop it up. Add salt and pepper to taste.

3. Heat oil in a large skillet. Throw in the breadcrumbs and garlic and bake until popping. Add the squash, parsley, and cheese.

Today was not the best day of first grade. As one of my kids put it today, it was "awful, just terrible." I called three parents - two for cheating and one just because he was being a little turkey all day and I was sick of it. At the end of the day we were talking about being thankful for things and I said I was thankful for first graders (sort of) and they all looked at me like what??? You are thankful for us??? But we have been awful, just terrible all day!

No comments: