10 September 2007

I'm not sure this works..

So today my class was so TALKATIVE! I need to have a signal where when they hear it they freeze and look at me. Tambourine? Might be too exciting for first graders. I might just try the good old clap your hands routine.

So anyway, we were so chatty while lining up that I kept having everyone sit back down and do it again. Is this effective? I'm not sure. I could tell they were getting sick of it and the kids were getting frustrated with the one or two kids that kept causing them to sit back down. But tomorrow are they going to be any better at lining up than they were today? I guess I will find out.

Tonight I finally got my class records under control. Everything came to me in a hodge-podge fashion because my kids came from four very different teachers. I didn't want to have file folders for each kid so I decided to use a binder and have every kid have a tab. I love it! It is so compact, portable and easy to use. I want to title it Pupils because it will crack me up.

Didn't get to sing Chicken Soup with Rice today. The kids didn't earn it. Like I said, so talkative.

In other news, we found out the hard way that our dishwasher not only cleans the dishes but also the floor by leaking everywhere. Also, my class plant is thriving!

Love,
Miss Bee

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Lezzzzzz; thanks again for the birthday treat. It was really cool. your kids sound precious. I hope they are lining up better! Love you!