15 November 2010

November 10-13

The holidays sneak up on you when you live in Phoenix. When the leaves don't change color and it is only just beginning to cool down it is hard to imagine that next week is really Thanksgiving. The mornings are cold to me and luxurious to Mr. S. We wear sweaters and crazy people like me wear scarves, gloves and hats as well. While I know both of our moms would never dream of turning the heat on for 50 most people here do. Not us, but we have dug out our warm clothes.
Chrysanthemum is seeking out warmth wherever her pea brain can find it - fresh laundry, buried under nine blankets...
This picture turned out incredibly well considering that before I could take any more a couple sat down at this table and ruined my fun. Mr. S. and I went to what is decidedly the coolest place to get a drink in Phoenix, The Roosevelt. It is in an old house, in the historic district, right smack in the middle of where they do First Friday...need I say more about how hip it is? To its credit, it also has great beer and a cheese plate that is making my mouth water as I write this.
On Saturday, we went back to the Botanical Gardens - we are members after all - to say goodbye to the butterflies and to feast on free chocolate at the chili and chocolate festival.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: